Here’s the problem: I put a folder into my local Dropbox. There is no green check mark – nothing. I looked in Dropbox in the browser online and it is there – so why no local green check mark on the local folder?
Here’s the solution (at least on a Mac) for the problem that the local folders are not syncing.
- Click on the Dropbox icon from your Desktop and quit the application.
- Open your Activity Monitor from your Applications folder.
- Force quit out of the instances of the Dropbox application that are running by searching for “Dropbox” in the search bar, then clicking on the “x” force quit icon on the top left.
- Re-start Dropbox from the Applications folder.
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left of your screen.
- Force quit and then restart Finder.